About Mitchell - Handschuh Law Group
Transportation and logistics companies across the United States — and those needing their services — count on Mitchell - Handschuh Law Group, LLC, for comprehensive legal counsel and representation. We focus on providing high quality, efficient, and cost-effective legal services throughout the business life cycle.
We serve shippers, brokers, motor carriers, intermodal carriers, and warehousemen, as well as many other types of businesses engaged in freight, logistics, and supply chain management. Our legal services support the diverse variety of activities involving the transportation of commodities and of people.
Our clients include entrepreneurs and small companies, mid-sized businesses, and large companies with billions in revenue, including Fortune 500 companies. We have long-standing relationships with many of our clients. Our new clients frequently come through referrals by our existing clients, which is a testimony to the high level of confidence our clients place in us.
Dedicated to the Transportation & Logistics Industry For Decades
In the early 1980s, Bruce Mitchell established The Mitchell Law Firm to provide legal services to transportation and logistics companies throughout Georgia and across the country. He became a nationally recognized expert in transportation law. Bruce’s steadfast dedication to the industry lasted until he passed away in early 2017.
In 2016, when Atlanta attorney Jeremy Handschuh became Managing Member, the firm name changed to Mitchell - Handschuh Law Group. Today, under Jeremy’s guidance, the firm continues the tradition of serving transportation and logistics companies of all types and sizes throughout the country.
Providing Legal Services Throughout the Business Life Cycle
Our attorneys provide a full range of services that cover all stages of the business cycle:
- Entity formation and business operations: We guide you through choosing the right legal entity for your company and addressing related governance matters, whether you own a new or existing business. Then, we ensure that you manage the business to preserve the separate legal identity of the business. We also provide counsel and representation on on-going management issues such as insurance coverage, employment matters, and regulatory compliance, as well as ownership, corporate, and derivative disputes.
- Freight claims and business litigation: Our attorneys pursue and defend against cargo claims and other matters involving actual or potential business litigation, including unpaid freight collections. We represent clients in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies. We do not represent any insurance companies and can assist clients with insurance coverage issues and litigation, including insurance bad faith matters.
- Business contracts and agreements: We review, draft, and negotiate all types specific to the transportation industry, as well as all other types of commercial contracts and agreements that arise in business transactions of our clients.
- Defending Against Preference Claims in Bankruptcy: Our attorneys protect transportation and logistics companies from claims that payments made to them by a bankruptcy debtor was a preferential payment that the bankruptcy court is entitled to “claw back.” We effectively defend clients against bankruptcy preference claims using the ordinary course of business or subsequent new value statutory defenses.
- Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation, and Non-Compete Agreements: We have extensive experience advising our clients in the transportation and logistics industry by providing legal advice about and reviewing, drafting, and litigating restrictive covenants such as confidentiality agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and non-compete agreements. Our attorneys work to anticipate, identify, and resolve potential issues in our clients’ favor.
Our comprehensive services cover transactional and litigation activities relating to handling, arranging, and moving freight as part of transportation and logistics, as well as matters unrelated to transportation that are essential to business operations.
Atlanta, Georgia Law Firm For Transportation and Logistics Businesses
We invite you to explore the details about our legal services and welcome your inquiry about any aspect of our transportation law practice. Mitchell - Handschuh Law Group assists clients with legal matters in Metro Atlanta, as well as throughout the State of Georgia and in other states. Contact us by calling (404) 262-9488 or using our online contact form.